Monday, August 6, 2012

Bicycling in recent media

Whoops, I accidentally deleted my original post on recent bicycling media items...

Anyway, this blog isn't supposed to limited to riding my bike, but that's naturally received a lot of my attention lately. I haven't read all of these to completion, but they definitely touch on specific topics that I am interested in, so maybe I'll comment on them thematically at a later date:


My friend P (who sent me the WNYC link) also recently found a contest run by the Paris Review in which you could win a bike if you could describe what's happening in the picture below, 1) in 100 words or less, and 2) in the style of Elizabeth Bishop, Ray Bradbury, Joan Didion, Ernest Hemingway, or P. G. Wodehouse. I happen to love some of Joan Didion's essays, but alas! I missed the deadline.
Notice the skirt guard and chain guard; this bike is not American

No comments:

Post a Comment